Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Finally Did It! Our Family, Silhouette Style.


This is one of those projects I have been meaning to do for YEARS!  I finally got to it the other day when all of the girls slept an extra hour (crazy, wonderful, day).  It took me longer than their nap time unfortunately, which meant craziness for a little bit but it was worth it.  I'm so glad these are done and so pleased with how they turned out (now let's see how long it will take me to actually hang them on the wall).

There are a lot of great tutorials out there on all kinds of different methods.  
I just kind of figured it out as I went.  So I thought I'd share my process:





Note #1:  I just realized that I forgot to mention in step 5 that I after adding the needed details I cut out the silhouette and then traced it onto the black acid free paper.  When you cut, make sure to go very slow...I had to do my silhouette twice after I cut one of my lips off by mistake! 

Note #2: Thanks Britt for donating your extra wild, extra cool frames to the cause.


Have you done this project?  Send me a link, I'd love to see!