Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hi I'm Hannah Stevenson from While They Sleep Designs. I am wife to a great guy named Jeff (the handsome man in the green). And I am "Momma" to three little girls all under the age of two: Twin girls Laurel (green skirt) and Maisy (blue skirt, scowl on face) and our newest little one, Norah Jane (the sweetest cherub of a baby). Life is crazy over at our house as I'm sure most of you can imagine. But there is NEVER a dull moment and that's the way we like it.


I love to sew, crochet, paint, bake.  I look forward to learning to knit someday.  My mom taught me how to sew on her old New Home sewing machine, but I never really had a passion for it until my babies were born.  Now I can say that I am certifiably obsessed. 

I love to create..but find it hard to do while my little munchkins are underfoot so I have learned that the three words "fast", "easy" and "affordable" make me and everyone else around here very happy. That's why I created my blog "While They Sleep". It is the place to go for inspiration and projects you can do while your babes are sleeping (or destroying the living room).

I believe that everyone has within them the desire and ability to create.  My goal is to inspire and encourage especially women to do just that!  It is also my goal to help those who are new to sewing say to themselves "I can do this!" and learn a new skill or two along the way. 



I also have an Etsy shop where some of my original patterns are sold.  My goal is to produce projects that are beautiful and practical but also all fall under the rules of "Fast, Easy and Affordable".   Things you can actually get done "While They Sleep."

I'm proud to introduce the newest pattern available in my Etsy shop: The Pod Swaddler. You can go to my shop for more details.


I do everything I do from a little corner of the kitchen.  My husband is working full time and going to school at night so I usually get a lot of what I get done while he's away and the girls are asleep.  I look forward to someday having a room just for creating and doing projects with my girls.  I also look forward to doing a lot more with creating patterns.  My dream is to have my own pattern line someday.  But I am happy with the pace of my shop and my blog right now.  It keeps me busy but not too busy to enjoy these precious, fleeting years with my girls.


 Here's a sampling of what you can find on the blog:




 







The Table Runner Apron






Thanks so much Sarah and Denise for this opportunity to introduce myself!

www.while-they-sleep.blogspot.com
www.laurelandmaisy.etsy.com