Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's not easy being green...

Because in our house green means YUMMY!

We've been cranking out the green smoothies with our new Blendtec (and a lot of other wonderful things). I am in love with my Blendtec almost as much as I am with my husband...seriously.

My basic recipe is a little bit of frozen fruit from Costco with milk, yogurt, ground flax seed and three HUGE handfuls of spinach

Maisy was just a little excited about her first smoothie. Now she doesn't let one drop of goodness escape!

I'm really excited about green smoothies (as anyone who has had a conversation with me in the last three months could testify) because the twins suck them down like they are going out of style! They LOVE them! And I love knowing that they are starting their day with spinach and lots of other good-for-you stuff. Then I don't feel as guilty when I give them chicken nuggets with mac and cheese for lunch ;)!

Anyone else doing this? I'd love to swap recipes.