Before I say anything else, the best part about this pattern is that it is designed to only take 1 hour (maybe 2 the first time you make it). It is EASY and designed with the beginner in mind. OK now you can read the rest:
When our twin girls were born early, the nurses in the NICU taught me the art of swaddling and all of the advantages to doing it. All of my babies have loved to be swaddled...but I would get frustrated with the blankets either being to bulky or to easy to escape ;). When I was a baby, my mom put me in an Indian cradle board (she actually used this for all six of her children). It is a leather and wood contraption that she could tighten in the front. She said that we were always very content when she put us in this. So with the idea of being able to tie the front, coupled with my love for designer fabrics, the Pod Swaddler was born!
The Benefits of the Pod Swaddler:
* The Pod has been designed to make it easy for you to swaddle your baby.
* One size fits most. You can adjust it depending on the size of your babe
* Stays secure and keeps arms in.
* The Pod won’t hinder development of hips and knees. As baby grows, his/her legs extend beyond the tight portion of the wrap for free movement and joint development.
* Very Simple Design. No confusing folding or latching.
* You can also tie the Pod around your baby allowing arms to be free. This is a great alternative to a blanket as baby can't kick off the covers and stays safe
* Helps your baby sleep comfortably on his/her back.
* Easy to use - even in the dark!
* Easy to wash and use over and over again.
* No Velcro to catch on everything in the dryer, no buttons or snaps - just an easy tie and you are done.
* Fun, unique pattern that allows you to swaddle your baby in any designer fabric of your choice!
This listing is for the PATTERN/TUTORIAL only.
This pattern is available in a PDF file format. The PDF pattern will be emailed to you within 24 hours of cleared payment. Pattern includes my personal full scale handmade pattern pieces, along with complete instructions with plenty of pictures to help you along, helpful hints, printable full-color picture "how-to" instructions and a list of materials.
All designs © 2009 While They Sleep Designs ~ No part of this pattern may be reproduced in any form unless otherwise stated. All designs, photographs, and images protected by federal copyright. Designs not to be created for mass-produced commercial sale. Designs may be used by independent crafters to create items in their own homes, to make for themselves or as gifts. All rights reserved.
If you are interested in making Pod's to sell, I ask that you purchase a license agreement found in my shop. Otherwise, at this time the Pod pattern and Pods made from it are for personal use only. Thanks!
Because of the nature of this product, there are NO RETURNS.
My sister and I do custom orders. Please email me for more information.
When All You Need is a Friend
35 minutes ago