Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Announcement #1 and a Special Deal ONLY for My Readers!

Do you ever wonder what it would have been like to live in a previous generation?  What would your worries be? What would your passions be?  

WHAT WOULD YOU BE WEARING?


It's fun to look back on the styles and patterns of yesteryear!  It's actually a little passion of mine. If you gave me whole day to do whatever I wanted, I would probably choose (after sleeping A LOT)a day filled with antique shops, garage sales and thrift stores looking for patterns and pictures that inspire. I have a feeling I'm not alone!


For a while now I have been collecting vintage pattern books and pamphlets.  I also have a collection of clippings from old vintage magazines (like really old).  I love the styles and the inspiration they bring.  

So here's the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have an ever growing pile of patterns that I have learned recently can be shared as they are now considered "public domain" (i.e. their copyright has expired and not been renewed).  So I have started the process of cleaning them up and creating PDF's to be purchased in the shop 

To celebrate, and to thank all of you for your support and kindness. I will be offering ALL the patterns in the shop (yes even the Pod and Scoop patterns) at 30% off!  This is ONLY for you.  

IMPORTANT: When you check out, just put "Friend" in notes to seller and I will reimburse you 30% of your purchase.



Here are a few of my favorites:




Paton's Bayeux Crocheted Pilot-style hat




Bear Brand Babushka Style Hat Knitting Pattern

 


Brunswick Hooded Sweater Knitting Pattern


Paton's Crusader Hat Knitting Pattern


Also, you can bet that I will be sharing some of these patterns with you FREE of charge in future posts.  Just stay with me ladies....there are some exciting gifts on the way!