Monday, February 2, 2009

Fun, Fast and Easy

Just wanted to share a few fun projects that take literally minutes to make:


I found this free tutorial and have made so many. All you need is a pair of knee high socks and a sewing machine and literally within 5 minutes you have a pair of these cute little leg warmers. These things are so great!

They're great as an extra layer underneath your child's pants and shirts.
-Great for days with in-between temperatures.
-You can use them instead of tights to make diaper changes a breeze!
-They're easy to put on and take off for toddlers, preschoolers and of course mommy!
-They are small and compact so you can keep a pair in your diaper bag just in case.

and then there is this awesome smock/pinafore pattern:

I actually bought this pattern and it has been worth every single penny. I have made so many. They are so fast and easy and so dang cute! I love that these smocks have no buttons/snaps so they are done so quickly and fit perfectly! I also love that they are reversible so if the girls spill on one side I can easily turn it around for a clean look. They look great with jeans and a onesie but will be fun with bloomers or leggings or a skirt in the summer. Anyway, I'm in love with the pattern and I have found I can make two of these in under an hour...pretty amazing!